Experience a Rewarding Journey Like No Other
If you’re looking for something extra to add to your resume or want a rewarding and challenging experience, we’d recommend becoming a volunteer with SAF. We’re passionate about delivering support to those in need, and we’re always seeking like minded individuals to help us enhance our outreach efforts.
Join our growing group of volunteers here in Canada and India who dedicate their time and skills for the betterment of underprivileged communities. We believe that working as a team means better results, we are grateful to work with over 500 volunteers in India and 50 dedicated volunteers across Canada that give their time and skills for various duties - all for the betterment of all.
“If you’re passionate about selfless service, we have a platform for you to start making a positive difference. All you need to do is answer the call”
- Shamandeep Singh
- How long before I can start volunteering? This will depend on the volunteer work that you do. In some cases, you may need to submit reference checks and receive police clearances before you can start work, which can take several weeks to process.
- Will I get community service hours by volunteering with SAF International? Yes. All volunteer work with SAF International can be logged as hours of community service.
- Is there an age restriction? Volunteering opportunities are available for individuals aged 16 or older.
- How long do volunteering opportunities last? This will vary depending on the work. We have volunteers who lend a hand for one night at an event, and we have volunteers who stay with us for several months to develop their skills and earn experience.
Volunteering at Events
- If you’re eager to help the charity connect with the local community, we offer volunteering opportunities whenever we host an event. Duties range from helping guests find their seats, setting up and taking down equipment before and after events, and much more.
- If you’re a reliable individual can spare 3-4 hours in the evening, register your interest in volunteering at our events, and a member of staff will be in touch when something becomes available.
Volunteer at our Headquarters
- We are always seeking an extra set of arms in the office to help with administrative office work, story writing, or just about anything that helps you gain experience and helps the charity as well.
- If you are a dedicated individual that can commit to a minimum of 4 hours per week over a 3-month period, you could be the one working alongside our core team!
Volunteer at Gurdwara Sahib
- The Gurdwara is not just a place of worship for the Sikh community but a place for the community to come together and interact with one another. Infact, Gurdwaras across North America have played a big role in the growth of SAF International by allowing volunteers (Our SAF Ambassadors) to speak with their congregation and raise awareness of the work of SAF International.
- If you have good public speaking skills and feel confident that you will represent SAF with the utmost respect and dedication, you could be our newest ambassador, representing SAF within your local community.
Go on a Mission Trip to India
- Whether it's helping to develop rural communities or being an English tutor to adorable young children, we offer a range of opportunities for you to get involved in. These rewarding and enriching experiences create memories that last a lifetime for both you and the people you help. Learn More about mission trips to India.
“Volunteers are the backbone of any organization, they are the ones that are the real super heroes.”
- Shamandeep Singh
For more information about SAF International and what we do, check out the About Us section.